[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 12: Exception Safety: Is itWorth it?

Ric Parkin ric.parkin at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 2 19:02:48 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:54:32 -0000, Falcon, Pablo (IT)
<Pablo.Falcon at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> As a disclaimer I must say that this impression I talked about in my
> last email does not apply to my current job, in which I am quite new and
> thus unable to judge at the moment. In fact initially it looks like
> these guys do know what they're doing... so I may even change my
> pessimistic view of the world ;-)

Phew!

You're right though - these things are often more "doable" in new code
where everything is done in the new style. If old code isn't ready then it
can be tricky.

Compare with adding "const" to an old codebase that didn't have it - an
initial pain for little obvious gain.

Ric