[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 13: A Pragmatic Look atExceptionSpecifications

Adrian Fagg adrianf at evaluategroup.com
Tue Dec 7 08:19:03 EST 2004

Yes, on the face of it, one would think so. As I understood it, they
chickened out of it for probably quite good reasons.
I would argue that although outwardly attractive, exception specifications
were a mistake beyond the simple no throw and I'm not completely convinced
by even that.
The real problem is the coupling implicit in exception specifications, which
I think is the show-stopper.

The item could have been summarised by 'Just say no (throw)!".

Regards,

Adrian

Work: mailto:adrianf at evaluategroup.com
Home: mailto:adrian.fagg at ntlworld.com