[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 14: Order, Order!

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 08:50:28 EST 2004

Hi

> > Done: http://www.paulgrenyer.dyndns.org/cppstyle/items.php#item14
>
> I suggest to correct the inaccurate statement there changing "Guideline
> suggested: Avoid using inheritance. " to "Guideline suggested: Avoid
> overusing inheritance. "
>
> A summary shall not have so big a twist from the original.

My opinion has always been that the summaries should remain as they are
(except for things like spelling mistakes). It is the role of the discussion
correct the summary, where necessary, and delve into the item subject in
more depth.

Comments?

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
articles: http://www.paulgrenyer.dyndns.org/articles/

I put my hand upon the lever, said let it rock and let it roll.