[Spam] Re: [Exceptional C++ Style] Item 14: Order, Order!

Klitos Kyriacou Klitos.Kyriacou at reuters.com
Fri Dec 10 12:07:48 EST 2004

Paul,

> My opinion has always been that the summaries should remain
> as they are
> (except for things like spelling mistakes). It is the role of
> the discussion
> correct the summary, where necessary, and delve into the item
> subject in
> more depth.
>
> Comments?

If the original author agrees that it was a mistake and meant to say it
differently in the first place, then it would save a lot of bandwidth
and readers' time if you simply corrected the mistake and removed all
references to it in the discussion. I thought the web site was there to
provide useful background and supplementary technical information
related to the book, not to provide an accurate historical record (as in
a court of law) of what was or was not said in the mailing list.

Klitos
[ *** LongSig auto truncated *** ]