[Effective-cpp] Item 1: Uses and Abuses of vector

Adrian Fagg adrianf at evaluategroup.com
Tue Oct 26 08:37:05 EDT 2004

I agree, Lambda is a marvellous use of templates but I'd far rather the
language supported it directly.
I know I'm in a minority here but I don't agree with the consensus that all
future enhancements should be in the standard libraries and not direct
support for e.g. nested functions etc.

Nor am I convinced that there's much point in expecting everyday programming
to be using frankly unreadable templated functors with binding etc. If it's
so good, lets have language support.

(takes cover behind what turns out to be a time machine...)

Regards,

Adrian

Work: mailto:adrianf at evaluategroup.com
Home: mailto:adrian.fagg at ntlworld.com