[Effective-cpp] Item 1: Uses and Abuses of vector

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 11:21:43 EDT 2004

Gentleman (unfortunately there are no ladies on this list)

Who would have thought that something as simple as vector would have
generated so much discussion? I personally have found it all very
interesting.

I realise that the American members of this list are only just waking up and
still need to have their say, but please could we wrap this discussion up
today so that it doesn't over shadow Walter's item tomorrow (that's a subtle
reminder, Walter. ;-) ).

For those of your that haven't been involved in this sort of project before,
this is exactly the sort of discussion that the project is intended to
generate. This discussion has gone off at a number of related tangents,
which is also quite normal. I don't expect every item to provide this volume
of discussion.

Personally, I feel sorry for Tim who now has to collate all the discussion
into something coherent for the website (I'm getting good at these hints!).
Tim, please try and include everything that was discussed including the bits
and pieces about standards work. Normally I'd ask for this within the next
week, but given the volume of discussion, please take as long as you need.

Thanks!

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer