[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 23: To new, Perchance to throw, Part 2: Pragmatic Issues in Memory Management

David Nash David.Nash at WallStreetSystems.com
Thu Jan 20 05:19:39 EST 2005

Er, this is item 23.  Anyone mind if I change the subject line?

> Perhaps I was a little loose in my wording.  It's memory allocation
> that's the topic of this item, which in-place new can't fail
> at.  Yes,
> the constructor could throw an exception, but that's a
> different class
> of error to memory exhaustion ...

I believe Herb makes this very point in the book.

Dave
(showing up after some absence, in preparation for item 24!)