[Effective-cpp] Item 23: Prefer non-member non-friend fu

Scott Meyers smeyers at aristeia.com
Thu Jul 27 14:47:33 EDT 2006

At 7/27/2006 10:42 AM, Balog Pal wrote:
>Sure, Visual Studio did this from the 5.0 version ('97), maybe even earlier.
>Though you must have the code set able to compile at least. (at least for
>those version the browser info was emitted with linking, I dunno if there's
>some tweak for source level.)

Must have been something I've been doing wrong, then.  It seems that most of the time when I ask it to take me to a definition of some function, it pops up a box and makes me choose the one I want.  Maybe I was inside a template, maybe I didn't have browse info turned on (it's off by default, as I recall), maybe I hadn't compiled recently.

Inside a template, the problem is probably insoluble, now that I think of it.

Scott