[Effective-cpp] Effective C++

Gregory Haley ghaley at venaca.com
Sat Jun 7 13:13:54 EDT 2003

> Gentlemen!
>
> (The fact that i can get away with the above salutation is
> depressing....)
>
> On Monday Greg Haley will post the final More Effective C++ item (35)
> summary (won't you, Greg ;-)).

You bet!

> I think the question of "where next" has been pretty much decided,
> especially thanks to Kevlins comments about the Expert Course. We're
> headed in the direction of Effective STL and Templates.

Sounds good.  I don't remember, is the text for the latter the one by
Vandevoorde and Josuttis?

> Do people want to start as of Monday 16 June 2003 or shall we have a
> couple of weeks break and go for Monday June 30th?

I would opt for a bit of a break.

> Shall we move at the same pace (2 items a week) or a bit quicker? There
> are two things to consider:

I suspect that this is really the pace that reality dictated wrt MEC++.

> Comments please!!!
>
> If there is anything in the format you would like changed, please shout
> now. The More Effective C++ project format worked well, so unless anyone
> has any suggestions for improvement I am intending to use exactly the
> same format again.

I think the format worked very well also.

ciao!
greg.

Gregory Haley
Sr. Software Engineer