[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 12: Exception Safety:IsitWort hit?

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 06:16:07 EST 2004

Hi

> My instinct would be to abandon the remaining tests but try to clean up
and
> report what tests were run correctly. Even running tests in a lightweight
> thread doesn't fully isolate them from the rest of the application (still
> sharing the address space), although the stack at least won't cause
> problems.

If I can handle the error and clean-up there is no point in abandoning the
tests.

Anyway, this is shying away from exception handling (as AFAIK things like
dereferencing null pointers only throw exception when using MSVC???) and
getting much closer a current discussion on accu-general and I don't see the
point in starting it again here.

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
articles: http://www.paulgrenyer.dyndns.org/articles/

I put my hand upon the lever, said let it rock and let it roll.