[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 22: To new, Perchance to throw, Part 1: The Many Faces of new.

Balog Pal pasa at lib.hu
Mon Jan 17 10:32:00 EST 2005

> Great summary! Although the solution to question 3 appears to be
> missing....?

Only the number 3 is missing,  one paragraph after 2. appears.

What is really  missing the discussion on using declaration that appears
right before the end of item.  Reading the text I kept wondering why one
must implement those $%@#$ functions, until Herb pointed out that in-class
using declaration only drags in names from the base class. And we want ::new
here.   Another place name hiding strikes, and it can't be even fixed using
sane measures, only by copy-pasting redundant stuff.