[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 26 -- Data Formats and Efficiency

Balog Pal pasa at lib.hu
Mon Jan 31 09:52:11 EST 2005

> Somebody must have some comments?

This is the dull part of the item, guess most programmers innediately think
in ~10 bit moves and find the rest insane if the question is how to use
*few* bits.  We'll se the real mind-using part in the next item.

Just as the last comment on the 12 bit format (we need additional bits fot
promotion) must ring the bell that such move may have no more than 3
destinations so the information fits in our 6 bits with spare elbowroom.