[Exceptional C++ Style] Item 26 -- Data Formats and Efficiency

Adrian Fagg adrianf at evaluategroup.com
Mon Jan 31 10:06:20 EST 2005

You don't need to know the notation, just a few bare facts:
Chessboard has 64 squares. Half the squares are initially occupied, the
players take turns to move one piece at a time (with interesting but
well-defined consequences. Except for pawn promotion.

Of course, you could beef up the bandwidth no end if you decided to record
more about the game, e.g. the timing of each move, when the grand master
blinked, etc.

Regards,

Adrian

Work: mailto:adrianf at evaluategroup.com